The Video Jungle Podcast Episode 4: The Mane Attraction With Tim O'Donnell
Some people are filmmakers and they just don't know it. Those were the words spoken to award winning documentarian Tim O'Donnell before he decided to change careers and stay behind the camera for good.
In this installment of The Mane Attraction, Arty and John are thrilled to learn how Tim went from an art teacher and wrestling coach to the co-founder of the emmy-nominated production company Pixela Pictura. With his work featured on ESPN, ABC, and PBS as well as garnering several awards on the festival circuit, Tim's profile continues to rise.
His latest project, Not A War Story, reached #1 on the iTunes documentary charts. Now with more high profile features in the works, Tim's here to tell us how he planned, created and shared his way to independent success.
Arty and John go down the production funnel with Tim on a variety of topics.
- How a cathartic experience with his father informed Tim's decision to be a documentary filmmaker.
- Starting his own production company, Pixela Pictura.
- What makes a great story to Tim.
- Balancing his company's corporate and creative work.
- Advice for budding filmmakers and boutique production companies.
- How to find the right film festival for your project.
- Tales from the set of his latest documentary Not A War Story about military veterans making their own independent feature film, Range 15, starring William Shatner, Sean Astin and Danny Trejo.
- How Tim's distribution decision got Not A War Story to #1 on iTunes.
- Best practices for planning, creating and sharing your work.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.