The Video Jungle Podcast Episode 24: Editing The Digital World With Peter Iannuccilli
Just ten years ago web series and digital content were relatively new ventures for networks. Consumer internet and broadband speed weren't readily equipt to handle video streaming until the early 2000's. Video platforms like YouTube and Vimeo were just beginning. But that didn't stop networks and content creators from seeing how they can take advantage of this growing technology including ESPN.
Little did our guest Peter Iannuccilli know that producing and editing the ESPN web series 'Mayne Street' featuring Kenny Mayne was just the beginning of where creating online video content is today.
Peter has had a widely successful career as a producer and editor with a couple of Emmy's on his shelf he won't readily brag about. But we will brag that Peter is a hometown friend of Arty and John, proving once again there's big talent coming from the smallest state in the country.
Starting at NBA entertainment and eventually freelancing in New York City, Peter combined his love for entertainment with his passion for sports, editing, producing and directing documentaries and promos for ESPN, MLB Networks, and others. It's those connections that first exposed Peter to pitching and developing web series online and seeing how successful they could be.
Today as a Senior Editor at A & E Networks in house production team 45th and Dean, Peter is still producing cutting edge content with A & E branded shows distributed all over social media including Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook. (We recommend Bae or Bail on Facebook Watch. It's so funny and so wrong for all the right reasons!)
Sharing his knowledge, experiences and editing best practices from 20 successful years in the industry, we hope you enjoy Peter's welcome home episode.
Check out Season 2 of Bae or Bail, one of the hilarious shows Peter's working on for A & E on Facebook Watch. New episodes are posted every Monday morning for your screaming pleasure!
Arty and John have a hometown reunion with Peter about...
- How he got started in the entertainment industry
- The growth of editing technology and software in recent years
- The pros and cons of working for a company versus freelancing
- Pitching shows to networks and putting together pilot episodes
- Working on some of the first video series for the web including ESPN's Mayne Street and MLB Fan Cave content
- The differences between editing documentaries and shows for broadcast versus editing shows for digital streaming
- Editing best practices and how techniques have changed with younger editors
- Working with a new generation of editors who are used to faster, more powerful editing software
- Learning how to tell a story while editing
- Editing the feature film 'The Best And The Brightest' starring Neil Patrick Harris
- Editing content for different digital platforms like Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram
- The sports legend Peter would love to do a documentary on
- Advice for younger editors who are trying to hone their craft