The Video Jungle Podcast Episode 2: The Mane Attraction With Mark Hellendrung
If you spend enough time consuming television and social media you're almost gauranteed to stumble upon a beer advertisement or twenty. Most of the time they're advertisements for the biggest brands in the beverage industry. So how do craft breweries compete against the big boys? That's what we find out in this installment of The Mane Attraction with Narragansett Brewing Company CEO Mark Hellendrung.
Mark bought the rights to Narragansett beer in 2005 when it was on the verge of extinction. Today, Mark and his team have resurrected the popular brand as a craft beer, bringing it back to national prominence. How'd he do it? Crack open a cold one and listen to some of his best practices that marketers and business owners can learn from.
And as always fellow listeners, drink responsibly.
Arty and John pour a draft with Mark over the following topics.
- Resurrecting the Narragansett brand
- His theories on sales
- How he and his team evolved the brand voice of Narragansett beer
- Turning Narragansett beer into a craft brew and their latest creation 'Fresh Catch'
- Competing with larger beer companies
- The importance of swag and using Narragansett beer's history to his advantage
- What his future plans are for growing the brand
- Important sales and leadership advice he's learned over the years
- His thoughts on starting to use video to market Narragansett Beer
- John gives Mark a crazy video campaign pitch
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.