I'm John Antonacci, Animus Studios' head of business development. A big part of my job is focused around communicating the value of video marketing. Instead of a routine “top ten” list, I decided to give you a bonus one and go with my lucky number, the magical number 11. Soon it’ll be yours too.

Why 11? My family’s lucky number is 11. I can’t tell you how many times we see that number. In particular the number 1111. When it pops up usually something good just happened. Watch, now that I pointed it out you’re going to see a lot more 11’s too. I certainly wouldn’t blame you if you’re suddenly inclined to change your lucky number to 11 after you notice the barrage of 11’s coming your way. Let me start you off with my favorite 11 video stats marketers should love.

Some folks don’t care for stats but marketers love them and need them. How can you make a marketing decision without statistics? You can’t just go with your gut.

Every decision marketers make is usually met with scrutiny. And there are aboslutely people that are still skeptical about the rise of video content and its value. That's where these stats can come in handy.

Steal these for your next pitch.

North Americans ranked video as the #1 content asset they would like to see from brandsBecause seeing is believing. (Tweet or download)





The human brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster than textSo avoid having too much text in your videos. It kind of defeats the purpose. (Tweet or download)





Video could claim up to 80% of web traffic by 2019Do you really want to be the other 20%? Or do you want to be more visible? (Tweet or download)





Adding a video to marketing increases click-through rates by 200%-300%Who wouldn’t get excited about that kind of growth? (Tweet or download)





Prospects that view videos of a product are 85% more likely to buyThat’s why commercials work. But you don’t need a $100,000 ad buy on network television for people to introduce your brand. (Tweet or download)





50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before they visit a storeIf you’ve noticed less foot traffic in your stores, now you know why. (Tweet or download)





Landing pages with video convert up to 80% better than those withoutRemember those ugly webpages years back with mountains of text in terrible fonts? We’ve come a long way. (Tweet or download)





Including the word “video” in email subject lines can increase open rates by 19%We want to be entertained, not given a homework assignment. (Tweet or download)





Video users see 41% more web traffic from search than non-usersWhat an easy way to improve your SEO. (Tweet or download)





Over 50% of marketing professionals world-wide name video as the type of content with the best ROIYou're looking for the best ROI, right? (Tweet or download)





Video is shared 1200% more on social media than other content typesFinally, your lucky number 11 stat. Let your audience help you get the word out. (Tweet or download)


I hope you found these stats useful. These big numbers are great tools, but they're just part of the picture. It's important to build your own library of metrics based on your own work so you can build credibile case studies and share your success.

Looking to get started tracking your video marketing stats? Check out our guide to video KPIs and our tutorial for setting up a video marketing dashboard as fast as possible.



Have a question or need consulting on this topic?
Click here to schedule a free call with our in-house strategist.

Welcome to Videostrategy.org. We're we're excited to build a knowledge hub for people that make videos for a living.

Subscribe to our email list to keep up to date. If you have an article idea, we'd love for you to submit a guest pitch here. We're excited share knowledge and build the site together.